If you have some large animal expertise or farming passion to offer us and would like to work in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We currently have the following vacancy.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Receptionist to join our friendly and supportive team at our Ledbury Office.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding role working within a team of 16 receptionists to provide outstanding customer service and a high standard of administrative support to 17 veterinary surgeons and 9 TB testers.
The position is based at our Ledbury branch.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:30 with an hour for lunch. You will also be expected to work a Saturday morning 08:30 – 12:00 on a rota basis (approximately 1 in 6) from our Hereford Office HR2 6BQ.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Taking telephone calls and handling queries
· Scheduling visit appointments, diary management and logistical planning
· Taking and forwarding messages
· Using our practice management system and other software packages
· Meeting and greeting customers
· Maintaining surgical and veterinary equipment, sample handling and processing
· Ensuring the reception area is clean and tidy, maintaining records and filing systems
· Ad hoc administrative tasks
It is important to note that this is a very diverse role with a wide range of duties and responsibilities and would therefore suit someone who enjoys a varied and demanding workload.
Are you a proactive person who enjoys using your initiative, multitasking and working as part of a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Are you passionate about excellent Customer Care?
We are looking for someone who;
· Can multitask and prioritise
· Cope well under pressure
· Able to think on your feet in a fast paced and ever changing working environment
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· A passion for customer service
· Is enthusiastic and keen to be part of a friendly, supportive and growing team
· Has effective communication and computer literacy skills
Prior experience in a veterinary environment or busy reception role is advantageous but not essential. A farming or equestrian background is preferable.
· Sick pay following a successful probation period
· Private Health Insurance following a successful probation period
· Annual salary review
· Subsidised gym membership
· 20 days annual leave plus bank holiday
· Company socials and events
· Company pension
If you would like to apply for this role please email email@example.com for a copy of the application form.
The deadline for applications is 08:00 Monday 6th of November 2023.