Herefordshire and Monmouthshire have a wealth of Dairy Goat producers. As a practice we provide 24 hour veterinary care and consultancy to a large number of herds. The services we provide are listed below:
We run workshops and courses on many of the key areas of Dairy Goat Herd health, keep an eye on the education and training pages <link to farmer education and training> to see what’s going on.
- Post mortems – a valuable tool in preventative medicine
- Dairy Goat Herd health planning – vital for maximising productivity, working with farmers we develop a bespoke, easy to follow health plan that complies with red tractor. We also work with farmers to benchmark their herds, a vital tool in management decisions.
- Billy vasectomies – a valuable tool for a tight kidding and anecdotally can reduce the incidence of nanny to nanny aggression.
- Billy pre-breeding examinations – essential for any Billy with a suspected fertility issue or as a preventative measure pre-breeding.
- Goatling rearing and monitoring.
- Advanced fertility techniques: synchronisation or out of season breeding
- Health scheme blood testing – for accredited herds and general healthy herd management