The genomic testing of bulls is now a widely accepted standard and has accelerated genetic improvement in the Holstein breed over the last decade. Genomic testing of the replacement females in your herd can now be undertaken in a commercial setting to accelerate your herds pace of genetic improvement. We are part of a group of practices in the UK that have access to the Clarifide genomic test that is world market leader. We offer a unique, bespoke, farm specific service that analyses test results to maximise the benefits of testing.
The service starts by looking at the herds genetic base and the current population and then we go on to create a farm specific plan to make the most of the test.
Clarifide is a 30K SNP test that offers users:
- Full UK and US type, health and production PTAs
- Composite indexes; PLI, NM, TPI, and more
- Assessment of fertility haplotypes
- Assessment of over 20 recessive genetic diseases
- Sire ID confirmation
- Accurate genomic inbreeding values
- And so much more to come in health and fitness traits!
If you are interested in genomically testing your females or have any questions about it then give us a ring.
Click the link below to find out more: